Thursday, July 2, 2009

More Than Rain SHOWERS in Utah

From left to right: My sister Sandy, my sister Kris, my Mom, our good friends Lori and her daugther Billie, me, Hannah, my sister in-law Savannah, and my sister in law Marina. Jessica is there also but she is taking the picture.



The beautiful blessing gown

While we were visiting Utah my Mom and my Sister's Sandy and Kris threw me a SURPRISE baby shower. I had no idea they had anything planned, they did a great job of keeping it a secret. Chad and I had planned to go to the Temple while we were in town so on a Friday Chad said how about we go to the Temple tomorrow morning, little did I know he was asked to get me out of the house for quite a few hours so they could prepare for a Saturday afternoon shower. I was very surprised when we returned from the Temple to find my family including my two Sister in laws and good friends Lori and Billie and of course my girls Jessica and Hannah. Unfortunately we took a little longer than we should have at the Temple and we ended up being late, I of course did not know we were late to anything. Everyone was very understanding and patient, they enjoyed eating and visiting with each other while they waited for our arrival. Everyone was very generous, I received several darling outfits for the baby, burp cloths, blankets and two darling picture frames for her room that are of course pink and brown. My mom surprised me with a beautiful blessing gown that she asked her sister Gayle to make, it is the most beautiful gown I have ever seen, she even made a matching hat and booties. The day could not have been more perfect, we started the day at the Temple followed by a wonderful celebration for our sweet baby girl. I can not wait to see her in all of her darling outfits. Thank you Mom, Sandy and Kris for such a memorable day.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shana said...

What a great surprise. That blessing gown is beautiful!!!

Kelly said...

How nice! That's so sweet of them.