Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Let the Nesting Begin

Chad and my parents spent last week, and in particular last weekend humoring my need to nest. Huge thank yous to my amazing parents for all of their help in getting our house ready for the arrival of their granddaughter.
The nesting began last Saturday when Chad and Hannah (thank you Hannah Bear) painted the baby's room, we were looking forward to moving furniture in but wanted to wait until the carpets were cleaned. The following Saturday we had the carpets cleaned, a process that started us on a path to a very busy weekend. I mentioned to Chad that it would be nice to paint our bedroom while everything was out of it, he did not hesitate and said OK let's go pick paint. This was followed by me saying "I sure would like a different color furniture in our bedroom", our old furniture is almost 16 years old and was a country green pine. While at Home Depot we also purchased black furniture paint and began our journey to redecorating our bedroom. This is something that we could not have accomplished if my Mom and Dad had not been here encouraging us and helping us move furniture, clean and organize. Despite the exhaustion we felt at the end of the weekend we accomplished a lot and fulfilled my need to feel prepared for our new arrival. I only wish I had before and after pictures of the bedroom, it looks like we bought all new furniture. I am loving the baby's room and can not wait to have it completely finished. Thank you Chad, Dad, Mom & Hannah for all of your hard work and putting up with me.

The baby's room after painting, yes it is very pink


Our Master Bedroom after our last minute decision to paint




The finished room



The baby's room almost finished, we still need to hang pictures & the valance

A closer look at the bedding
There will be a dark brown cover on the changing table pad soon
The chair is light pink and cream stripes does not match exactly but will be comfortable


3 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

i love it. i love pink so the room isn't too pink in my opinion. the baby's room looks so cute with all the furniture. and i love your new furniture color. way to go!

Shana said...

Looks great! Little Felicity will love it! ;)

Gines "Party of Five" said...

Sounds like you all have been very busy:) Looks very nice, must feel good to have that all done...now all you need is the baby:)