Monday, May 18, 2009

26 Weeks and Getting Ready for Baby

My expanding belly at 26 weeks

Color inspiration for the baby's room

Today is the beginning of week 26, when I think about everything we have to do to prepare for her arrival time is going by way too fast. When I have a hard time getting around and have some major discomfort I feel like time is going by way too slow. It is hard to beleive that we will be meeting our baby girl in about 14 weeks, we are very excited. We are getting one step closer to being ready for her arrival, we spent the night moving Houston into Hannah's room and Hannah into Jessica's room, the baby will be in Houston's old room, leaving Jessica and Hannah to share a room during the time she is home. That of course will mean that all 3 rooms will need to be painted something that Chad is not thrilled about, but is willing none the less.

This weekend I was excited to find these darling pink and brown wooden boxes pictured above, this has become my inspiration for decorating the baby's room. The boxes can be used for cotton balls, Q-tips and hair bows (if we are lucky enough to have a baby with hair). This will be the the inspiration for the paint color as well, I never thought I would choose pink for a baby's room but I love the combination of pink and brown so much I think I will go with it. Hopefully we will be able to find crib bedding that I love as much, speaking of the crib we got it out of the attic tonight, it has been in the attic for about 8 years, getting it out and ready definately makes reality set in.... Stay tuned for pictures of the room in progress.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

i love pink and brown together. that was my inspiration for avery's room. it only got halfway done, but it gets hard when living in an apartment! can't wait to see the finished product!

Kelly said...

Good color combination. I like the way you think...find one decorative item and design the entire room around it. Pink and brown are so pretty together, especially for a baby girl. I'm getting excited for you!