Tuesday, August 11, 2009

38 Weeks and Happy 20th Anniversary


We finally reached 38 weeks, hopefully only tow more weeks to go YEAH! I am making some progress according to the Doctor I am dilated to almost 3, but he is officially saying 2 1/2 so that I will not be overly optimistic. She is very, very low which makes for a great deal of discomfort. I hope I can endure the next few weeks, I have told the Doctor I do not want to be induced unless i have to be but I can not guarantee that at some point next week I may give in. We will have to wait and see, I hope to not go into labor any sooner than the 21st, anything after that would be great.





Today also marks another milestone Chad and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. It is a surreal experience to be celebrating 20 years of marriage and be 9 months pregnant. If you had asked me 20 years ago if I thought that would happen I would have thought you were crazy, but now that I am in that situation I believe it is meant to be.

Chad and I went to dinner at Texas Land and Cattle and enjoyed a peaceful dinner just the two of us. Of course Chad took the opportunity to point out that it may be our last meal at a restaurant without a newborn. I think he is forgetting what great helpers we have at home that can watch the baby while we go out for a meal. I am grateful to be celebrating our 20th anniversary, we have had so many experiences over the last 20 years all of which have contributed to who we are today. I am so grateful to be married to a worthy priesthood holder who is hard working and does so much to provide for his family. He is a wonderful example to our family and all those he comes in contact with. I am grateful that he is patient and puts up with me, despite my imperfections and expectations. I feel very lucky to have the 3 beautiful and amazing kids we have and look forward to meeting our baby girl soon. There have been so many experiences we have had that have enriched our lives, I am grateful to have experienced them together. While things have not always been easy, they have definitely been worth it. I feel blessed to be his wife and look forward to all of the adventures that lie ahead.
Posted by Picasa

Happy Anniversary, I LOVE YOU

3 comments:

Gines "Party of Five" said...

Wow 20 years!!! That is great! Happy Anniversary:)
Love you all

Michele said...

Marina,

Thank you so much and thank you for the wonderful Anniversary card you sent, you are so thoughtful.

Love,
Shel

Holly said...

Ahhh, congrats! What a sweet post. Can't wait to see you soon. You look great!