Tuesday, April 21, 2009

22 Weeks and Counting


This week marks week number 22, more than halfway to the finish line. I thought I owe it to my family and friends out of state to post a more current picture of my ever expanding belly. The first few pictures were taken on March 1st, obviously a lot of growth has happened since that date. I am feeling pretty good but must admit as the temperatures increase here in Austin it makes dread the upcoming summer months. Today it was 92 degrees and my swollen ankles are proof of that temperature. We made our first trip to Babies R' Us last Friday to purchase a pregnancy pillow and a baby gift for a friend. I dragged Chad along with me to break him into what lies ahead. A few of his comments were as follows: As we walked throught the front door I heard my dear husband say these proufound words, "I thought I would never have to come here again," on more than one occasion as we looked for a gift I heard"You do realize we are the oldest couple in this store." As we looked around a bit he kept saying "We have our basinet still, right?" my answer "no", followed by "We have our monitor still, right?" my answer "no" and again "We have our port-a-crib, right?" my answer "no". With that conversation Chad came to the realization that other than our crib and changing table we would be starting over. While it will be a lot of work it will be fun and exciting at the same time. Houston is adjusting little by little to the news of the baby being a girl, hopefully he will love her when he holds her for the first time and his instinct to be her protector will kick in. The girls have been excited from day one and continue to look forward to the day when they can meet their baby sister. Chad is anxious, nervous and overwhelmed but excited at the same time, one might think he was becoming a dad for the first time. Thank you for indulging me and reading my Blog.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christina said...

Hi! I am Melinda White's daughter and I stumbled across your blog and wanted to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!! My mom is so excited for you, too. Do you have any names picked out for your new princess? Best wishes and I look forward to follwing your pregnancy and seeing pics when your angel arrives! Feel free to visit our blog as well, I kind of obsessively update it ;)
Hugs, Christina Davila

Shana said...

Michele, you and Chad are hilarious! Love the play by play of the visit to Babies R Us! This is one lucky baby to have a mom and dad like you two!

Hildie said...

So you're going to have to change your blog title pretty soon!

Conni said...

Michele, I love seeing your updates; keep it up. We started from scratch with Claire and loved every minute of it! I'm so excited for you guys! I would do it again in a second!!

Kelly said...

I just read your comments and Jennie is right! I'm so glad you posted some belly shots! How exciting. I can't believe you're more than half way along. What an exciting time!