Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kids Say the Funniest Things

 

On Memorial Day we were on our way to a movie and decided to stop for lunch first, everyone had a different suggestion of where to eat when Houston decided to give us his vote. As we were driving down Highway 183 Houston said "My friend Will said that Hooters has good food, can we eat there?" This comment caused everyone to laugh which puzzled Houston, he could not figure out what was so funny. That prompted an interesting conversation of me trying to explain why everyone was laughing, once he figured it out he laughed right a long with us. This is just one of many funny things Houston has said, he is definately proof that kids do say the funniest things.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That reminds me of a story. I was the responsible adult caring for the middle-school daughter of my boss several years ago and they wanted me to take her out to dinner somewhere.

I saw the restaurant wtih the cute little owl and thought, "This looks like a fun place that Rebekah might enjoy." Once we were seated and hungry and the waitresses started passing by, I suddenly got it. How embarrassing to take a kid there that you were babysitting--the wings were good. I haven't been there since; that was in the eighties.

Conni said...

This is classic. I had to laugh myself. I love kids. I wish we could all see things through their eyes. Life would be so pleasant and happy if we always had a child's perspective.