Monday, April 28, 2008

Is That Your Final Answer?


As of today Jessica's decision for College is to go to the University of Utah. I am very happy that she has made a decision and that she is excited about her future and I am excited for her. I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was a little sad that she did not choose Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). I really think she would have enjoyed the learning environment at Savannah and would have enjoyed that experience. Ultimately it is her choice and it is time for me to recognize that she is growing up and needs to make her own decisions. We are so proud of Jessica and look forward to all that lies ahead for her.

6 comments:

Nate Sharp said...

It is painful for me to use the words "congratulations" and "university of utah" in the same sentence, but I have to admit that I am very, very happy for Jessica and know that she will have a great experience at the U and do very well there. I guess there are a few pretty cool people who have gone to the U of U, like President Hinckley, Chad, and my dad. So it can't be all that bad. :) It will be a better place with Jessica in the student body. My mission president teaches Institute at the U, so it would be cool if Jessica ended up taking a class from him someday. I'll have to call Jessica's cell phone each year that BYU beats Utah in football though. Hahaha.

It's Been a Day! said...

how nice to have a decision, though! i hope it turns out to be such a great experience for her.

The Roberts said...

Oh, I was pulling for Savanah but only becuase of location and I thought that she would love it there. How exciting for her!!!

Kelly said...

I'm with Nate! I'm happy for you, but sad since it's the U! LOL

Good for you, Jessica, following your gut and going where you think the best place will be for you. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for coming over for dinner and FHE tonight, everyone but Chad! It was fun. We'll have to do it again.

Holly said...

Yay for Jessica! I know she's going to love Utah and it will be a great environment for her and the whole college experience. Congrats! I know it was a hard decision. We're looking forward to many great experiences and accomplishments as your journey continues forward. Love ya.

Jennifer said...

That is wonderful! I wish her all the luck. I'm sure she will meet all kinds of neat people.