Saturday, September 27, 2008

First Day of School Came to Soon

I'm not sure about everyone else but for me this summer went by far to quickly. I could have used another month off unfortunately that was not the case.

This August Jessica started college at the University of Utah. The first few weeks were pretty easy which surprised her but as the weeks go on it is getting harder and harder. She is doing very well, she is independent and very responsible. We miss her so much but are so proud of all that she has and will accomplish. She is making friends and having so many new experiences. She is excited to see General Conference in person this year rather than on TV. As I prepared this post I realized for the first time ever I do not have a picture of Jessica's first day of school. I do have a picture of her on her way to visit friends at BYU of course wearing her University of Utah shirt, so I figure that will have to work.

Hannah started High School this year at Cedar Park High School, she was excited and nervous even though she wouldn't admit it. She did great and realized she had nothing to be nervous about. She also started early morning Seminary this year which is every weekday at 7:00am, she loves Seminary but could do without getting up so early. She comes home from school every day and sleeps for almost two hours, most of which is due to a growth spurt which is clearly evident when she stands next to you. It is hard to believe that she is in high school, what an exciting time of life. Hannah continues to be a good example to her family and friends, we are so proud of her.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Houston started 3rd grade at Deer Creek Elementary, he loves his teacher Miss Snyder and he loves learning new things every day. He misses Jessica a lot and asks me all the time when she will be coming home, he is still at the age when two weeks to him seems like an eternity. He is getting so big, it is possible he will be taller than Jessica and Hannah very soon. It is fun to see him grow and be so curious about things, for now he is not too big to give me big hugs and kisses which I am so grateful for. He is such a joy in our family, he is so funny and can make you smile no matter your mood

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute, cute, cute. Your kids.

I'm still not used to Hannah with short hair, but I like it. Still not used to Jessica wearing a Utes shirt. I won't hold that against her, since she's got the "Hook 'Em" thing going on.

Holly said...

So cute! I love Hannah's hair- it looks really good on her. Houston is looking more and more like Chad every day. Fun pics. Good luck in school to everyone.